MAIN FEATURES OF THIS VERSION
- This version has 72 new classes and 15 new object properties.
- Nearly 50 of the new classes describe the different techniques and processes associated with the synthesis of nanomaterials. E.g., chemical vapor deposition, micro-emulsion method, freeze-drying, mixing, etc.
- New classes have been added under the 'material entity' branch of the ontology, which now has a revised hierarchical structure that is easier to navigate than the previous version.
- Knowledge about assays and their respective endpoints of measurement can now be represented in the NPO.
'size assay' has_endpoint_of_measurement ('particle size' or 'hydrodynamic size' or 'polydispersity' or 'size')
'particle size' quality_of 'particle'
'partice size' has_unit_of_measure ('length unit' or 'area unit' or 'volume unit')
'thrombin time assay' has_endpoint_of_measurement 'thrombin time'
'thrombin time' indicator_of 'final common pathway of blood coagulation'
'thrombin time' has_datum value 'time value'
'thrombin time assay' analyze 'final common pathway of blood coagulation'
Note: NPO represents knowledge of measurable properties by relating terms under the 'quality' and 'realizable entity' branches to terms under 'datum value' and 'unit of measurement' branches of the ontology.
- A new relationship is defined for processes that can be associated with a certain time duration
'incubation' has_time_period 'duration'
'duration' has_datum_value 'time value'
'time value' has_unit_of_measure 'time unit'
'time value' has_part' 'numeric number'
- A new relationship is defined for processes that take place at a certain temperature
'incubation' has_temperature_condition 'temperature value'
'temperature value' measure_of 'temperature'
'temperature value' has_unit_of_measure 'temperature unit'
'temperature value' has_part 'numeric number'
- The NPO can now support the description and sharing of nanotechnology journal articles
'journal article' has_Abstract 'string'
'journal article' has_Author 'string'
'journal article' has_DOI 'string'
'journal article' has_Journal_Name 'string'
'journal article' has_PubMedID 'string'
'journal article' has_Publication_Year 'string'
'journal article' has_Title 'string'